Thursday, July 3, 2008

~Dog Days~

(My unhappy girl. :( )

Yesterday I had to take my pups to the vet for their annual check-up...Luckily (????) I already had the appointment booked, because we had just discovered that morning that our sweet Daisy Mae had a little raw spot under her collar, and to be really gross...it had an odour that would drop you. She'd been trying to lick her chest all the night before, and that morning. Weeellll....to make a long story short...the vet ended up shaving most of her chest(which required muzzling her, giving her a shot of antibiotics, oral antibiotics, and antibiotic cream. (And let's not forget the charming Elizabethan collar that she is now sporting for the next week or so.) So after such a stressful morning, she needed a little nap with her 'daddy'. :)

(My love, and the other blonde in his life. I'm only slightly jealous.)

4 comments:

daisies said...

awwwww ... poor sweet daisy mae (i heart her name by the way) .. hope she feels better soon, dog hugs!

Jaime said...

What a sweetie pie!

Poor thing. She is beautiful. I have always always wanted a golden retriever, but allergies get in the way, unfortunately.

Wishing her a quick recovery.

Iris said...

You may be a little jealous of the other blonde in your husband's life but I'll bet your not envying her neck wear right now. ;)

rebecca said...

don't dogs just melt your heart? i have two and three felines....