Tuesday, June 3, 2008

~In The Midst....


Now, I am fully aware that what I am about to say will make me sound a wee bit kookie...but as I made my morning trip to the composter with my lovely bucket of banana peels, teabags, and watermelon rinds, I found myself ever-so-slightly jealous of my garden...




You see,all around me things are blooming...reaching...growing...Each bud, seedling, blossom...they are all in the midst of doing what they are meant to do, and they know it. They know little by little, day by day things are going as planned centuries ago...

I, however, am having one of those days where I'm just not sure. I'm usually a pretty 'live in the moment' person...but it's nice to have a little inkling of where your headed, right? And it's not like I don't have any ideas...if anything the problem is my brain gets all disconbobulated (now, I know that's not a real word, but I like it.:) with them.

I think maybe it's just the apprehension. I know in the next few years...as my children grow, I'm going to want, and need to make some major changes. Jon, and I often sit and chat about what we want our future to look like. As strange as this sounds, it kind of scares me that our dream is fully within our grasp.

Seriously, what could be more terrifying than sitting in an Adirondack chair, in the middle of a meadow petting a sweet little goat, and looking at all the pictures in the clouds above you.(Now that's a very small part of my future, but a part none-the-less.)

I don't know...this is just some crazy, rambling post from a girl that definately got up too early this morning...and obviously needs another cup of tea.

I think I'll go do a little daydreaming...

Sending you at least one happy little daydream today too...

xo

8 comments:

daisies said...

i completely understand ... utterly and completely :) its a very strange thing is it not to be so close to something that seemed so far away for so long ... i think that i am just going to enjoy the moments that i grow and bloom and change just like we humans have been doing for centuries :)

i will think of you tonight when i make my way to my composter and look around at my garden :)

xox

pERiWinKle said...

Great place to be Sweetie, just imagine not even realising how close your dream is?

and scary? Absolutely! A few weeks ago I realised 'we are living our dream!" and i'm not happy. :-) I think we all have to dream as big as we can...mine would be to live the life we have now, 'surrounded with our family'!
like in walking distance away.

9 hours to canada / 13 hours to South africa (and then still 3 hours drive both ways) not my idea of having family around me.

thank you for your post today. i'm embracing my BIG dream..starting right now!

Thank you sweet friend, thank you!

So happy for you that the sun is shining! xx

pERiWinKle said...

PS: it's still raining here! :-(

Jacki said...

Beautiful pictures! This is my favorite time of the year with all the beauty that surrounds our life just outside our front door (or maybe the back door too).

Brandi Reynolds said...

oh I totally get this post. :-)

I'm right there with ya.

and gorgeous photos.

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh i came here via Dandilion Seeds and so pleased i did~what a wonderful place!
i shall be back for sure~your house and family are just gorgeous :)

Jaime said...

But you are just like the beautiful flowers in your garden...

You too, are growing and reaching for the sun and flourishing more and more with each little daydream...they are like seeds with which you are planting the buds of your future.

Isn't it a wonderful thing that we have choice? We can direct ourselves toward one thing, and then change our minds if we like and fly off in another direction.

And we have the added benefit of not being eaten by hungry caterpillars!

xoxo

meghan said...

OH I SO TOTALLY GET THIS!!!

I am in a place that is so close to my dream being within my grasp and yet I am afraid - I GET being jealous of the world around you - everything seems to know where it fits and what it needs to do - wouldn't it be nice to KNOW like that?!

xo