Wednesday, February 20, 2008

~Heart In Hand....


Today's abstract in progress...

Every one needs a hand to hold on to
Don't need to be no strong hand
Don't need to be no rich hand
Every one just needs a hand to hold on to...John Mellencamp




The other night when I was just about to doze off...my husband reached over and took my hand. I smiled...and went to sleep.

Now,anyone who knows me well, knows that I have always found holding another's hand a most touching gesture...Parents and their children...young couples...old couples...my heart skips a beat. What is it about this seemingly unassuming act that I find so captivating? I guess because it softly...silently speaks...of a bond...of love...of our humanity...pure and simple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing work...the art work is simply wonderful & the beautifully chosen words...we all need the hand by our side to feel ourselves to be safe and secure....nice one!

pERiWinKle said...

i agree...everybody just need a hand to hold yours..or just to hold...it comforts...it speaks volumes...without one word said..

I walked one day along the beach and past an old car. Inside the car two elderly people were laying on the seats....and in the middle, between the two front seats...they were holding hands...my eyes teared up and I told my husband that have to be us when we are that age...it was just beautiful! xx

meghan said...

I am the same way! I always get all mushy when I see anyone holding hands. It's such a gentle intimacy. I think people will still kiss when they are out of love but I doubt that they will still hold hands. SIGH!

Your artwork is beautiful! I am inspired just scrolling through your site!!

daisies said...

:) there is something so beautifully gentle about hand holding, something pure and innocent, someting that is so love.

xo

your art always makes me smile ...

PixieDust said...

Holding my honey's hand reminds me that I no longer walk through this life alone...

Holding my daughter's hand reminds me that I promised to never let her walk through life isolated...

:-)

Such a beautiful post, thank you...