Tuesday, January 20, 2009

(Presents from my kids...Photo by Joe Johnston :)

Your dreams have already all come true...you just need to open your eyes... Can you dare to believe this? After this weekend...I almost have too...

Sunday I turned forty. That evening found me standing with my husband twenty-something feet in the air...in the shell of a building under construction...looking out lovely arched windows...out over farmer's fields...and okay, train tracks. My heart in my mouth, my ears barely registering the words...'Your studio'...my mind whispering to me...Possibilities Celeste? No reality...if you finally surrender your fears, your doubts...this is your reality...right here, right now. I know this. I know it with every cell of my body...and saying this...to be really honest,scares me.

There is a business plan to write...finishes to pick...legal details...costs...equipment...and I'm sure hundreds of other things that I haven't even thought of. However...I know before I tackle all of this, I'm going to need to find some silence...let everything sink in...and just remind myself to...

Breathe...

xo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!
Okay...you write beautifully and articulately, but does this mean you're moving? Is the whole building going to be your home, with your very own artist's loft in it?
Or is it the room with the arched ceilings going to be your away-from-home-private-loftspace?

Either way, I agree...
("Possibilities Celeste? No reality...if you finally surrender your fears, your doubts...this is your reality...right here, right now.")!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for you and Happy HAPPY Birthday!! Welcome to 40! The year you ROCK!!!!

P.S. Your pic of gifties from your kids is adorable!!

daisies said...

:) your life is full of beautiful possibility ... i mailed off your package honey ...

happy 40th ~ welcome to the best club ever!!

muah!!

xoxo

d smith kaich jones said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is WONDERFUL!!!! Dreams really do come true! More details! Pictures! Of course, once you catch your breath!

Happy happy birthday!
:) debi

enchantedartist said...

:):)...No not moving...A friend of my husband's is building a lovely new building...

And yes, I will be posting pics...:)

Brandi Reynolds said...

oh, my heart leaps for you!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Happy Belated Birthday Celeste! You're one of the most rockin' and talented ladies I know. You can do this! You can do this! I just know it. Hey, Wishcasting this week is right up your artist studio alley.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh and wow, congratulations on getting your bday mixer, how amazing is that? Talk about changing your life for the better! I can't wait to hear about your food creations with your new toy. What colour is it?

Tammie Lee said...

Happy Birthday dear lady!
Yes yes, your dreams have already come true. I feel so happy for you, endless possibilities! Space to fill with creation and maybe yoga? Your art is so wonderful, I image a studio can be a muse, just having a place. My little cabin is a mess with art pieces to a project all over right now. A studio would be wonderful! May this year be a time of dreams come true for you!
love,
Tammie

rebecca said...

Okay, breathe....and, now scream and jump up and down!!

Oh, how wonderful! I am so happy for you, Celeste. Happy 40th you sweet, gentle soul you and all of your dreams are now starting to take root. Go forth, be not afraid, and rejoice in your blessings.

((hugs))

Delena said...

Celeste,

Tell Joe he is quite the little photographer!

Jaime said...

A very happy very belated birthday Celeste! I hope it was wonderful.

What am I talking about...of course it was wonderful! Big dreams are becoming realities!!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your new space...your house is just gorgeous, I can just imagine what you will do to a new studio space. So wonderful.
xoxo