Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Fun...

(I may have an unnatural love for the colour green...:-)


Hi there...feeling much, much lighter today...The sun is shining, and dare I say, playful? Uh,huh. This morning seemed perfect for a little wander around the house with my camera...:-)

(I love this old tin.)


(The photograph is my mother-in-law, and her mom...a family treasure. The etiquette book from 1953 I picked up at a garage sale in Victoria...it's a great read if you need some laughs.)

(This vintage Coke add always reminds me of Jon and I when we started out...)

(Starfish make me smile...)

(Old stove on the back deck.)

(...and I had to share this awesome entertainment center that Jon built. The doors are windows that we salvaged from our house when we built the addition. It's my favorite thing that he's built yet.)



Sooo...feel free to pop in for tea. I'll even clear the laundry off my table for you...:-)

Happy weekend!
xo

14 comments:

rebecca said...

Oh, Celeste, what a lovely home you have! Thank you for opening your door to us. And I'm jealous that you have such a handy and creative husband! I wish my better half could construct something like that!

xoxo
Rebecca

Brandi Reynolds said...

gorgeous photos!!! and there is no such thing as an unnatural love of green. :-)

julochka said...

i have a thing for green as well and bluish-green, so I understand this well. :-) love the jar full of wooden knitting needles. evidence of creativity abounds in your home and that's wonderful!! thank you for taking us on a wander with your camera!

xox,
/julie

laoi gaul~williams said...

i so love it when you give us a little tour of your home :)

and as for green~i love green clothes...and orange!

Delena said...

I love the color of green also and I especially love my baby picture with my mom. And that son of my can build................!!

daisies said...

hope your weekend was fabulous :) starfish and green, make me smile too and your lovely face :) xoxox

d smith kaich jones said...

My neighbor - the lovely, lovely Katie - says that whenever she buys new clothes & brings them home to show her better half, he just nods and says yes, they're green. We laugh about this all the time. But they are always beautiful - green is just happy-making. As is your home. I totally get the starfish!

:) Debi

Tammie Lee said...

I would love a cuppa tea ;-)
Fun to have a stroll about your place and you look great in green!

Meri said...

I'll have white tea with orange blossom flavor, please, in my delicate china mug from Harrod's that I've treasured for almost ten years. And I'll say such nice things to your hubby for building that lovely entertainment center. Good hubby!

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous treasures in your home, dear woman... I loved this little stroll through your coloured blisses :)

Jaime said...

I too share your love for green and starfish.... but not green starfish ;)

Paula & Skip said...

Cozy home built in love

Anonymous said...

I ADORE seeing these pics of your home and your fav. things.
Beautiful.

Connie said...

I love these photos!! Especially the starfish!

Years ago when I was in college I painted my final thesis all about that gorgeous green color. Imagine 8 feet by 5 feet sized canvases just soaked and dripping in different shades of that green--put in a room side by side--so that the viewer can just soak in the experience of that green---like diving into a sea of green.

Ahhhh.

Thanks for the tour of your sweet home.

Peace & Love.