Thursday, January 10, 2008

*In The Silence That Surrounds...


Yet another unfinished painting....
This is one that danced around in my head for a long, long time. I have found over the past couple of years that the 'quiet' parts of my life, are as important as the 'loud' ones. I have discovered that for me,the calm and chaos walk hand in hand...and that if mama doesn't get here quiet time...she isn't as pleasant to be around.

Sometimes when I'm sitting in my silence, I like to imagine that the air is filled with beautiful,inspiring words just swirling, and whispering around me...

It is here I can almost physically touch creativity...MAGIC! Now to pick up the brushes, and complete her...and all the others that patiently wait...

Hope you are having an enchanting day....

2 comments:

Kirsten Michelle said...

I hope that you received good news about Dylan's leg at the follow up today.
I really value my quiet time in the evenings...I haven't quite figured out what I'll do when they're teenagers staying up past 8pm ;-)
xo

pERiWinKle said...

it's going to happen...the quiet time...the picking up the brushes...and the finishing...but will one painting (feeling!) ever be complete? xx