Wednesday, March 19, 2008

~Knock, Knock~


She has arrived, Spring! Well, the weatherman said it's not official until close to midnight here...but she's on my cottage's doorstep!

I am an avid gardener...as avid as a girl living on the Canadian prairie can be.

I have been feeling a little like I imagine my mid-March garden must feel. A little bit soggy...sloppy. Applecores...Halloween's pumpkins...eggshell...bits of the past...gracefully decaying...creating fertile ground.
Speckled with pods...seeds from a season gone...
Lying in wait...breath catching with anticipation...

For those of you interested in eco-friendly clothing please check out magnoliapearl.com. I have got to get myself some of this loveliness!
(Once upon a time...fairies on my front porch...)



Have a beautiful day!
xoxo

9 comments:

Delena said...

You have such a knack with words. I can SEE Spring knocking at your door!

Kirsten Michelle said...

it pouring rain here today and i couldn't be happier...
because it sure beats another big snowfall!
maybe, just maybe, spring is coming after all ;-)

Carla said...

Yep, I think I'm feeling a bit like your garden too. And I love those fairies. Fabulous. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today.

daisies said...

gosh, i heart your front door and yes i am feeling a little bit like a march garden too, tee hee ... i adore your analogy!

i am new to gardening but it is so becoming an obsession and i am looking forward to the snow being gone so i can get to it ;-) xox

Jen said...

Happy spring and lots of hugs! xoxoxo (ceanandjen)

Jaime said...

Hello there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a wonderful message. Your art work is so beautiful! What a lovely space you have here. :)
Yes, my garden is peering at me through the window, wondering when I am going to come out there and clear away the remnants from last year so the new has room to grow!

So nice to meet you.
xo

Brandi Reynolds said...

I love your cresent moon near your door!

Joan said...

Hello beautiful you, and happy Spring!!

Your door is lovely and inviting and immediately made me smile.

I too have been feeling that mid-March weird soggy and squishy type feeling... but i am trying to get my bearings back!

I've missed seeing lovely you, and your perfect smile...

Hello Spring!!

love you :)

xoxo

PixieDust said...

No wonder you paint faeries, and goddess... look at that magical portal leading into your home...

:-D

(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me